Keratin is a kind of fibrous protein (like collagen) released by keratinocytes, a type of cell in our body. It is a chemical which is naturally occurring in the human body, both in hair and skin, and isn’t just a shampoo ingredient. In fact, even eating eggs can increase the amount of keratin in your hair.
Benefits of a Keratin treatment
1. A Keratin Smoothing Treatment reduces frizz and curl by penetrating the cuticle
2. Penetrating the hair cuticle and repairing damage, the treatment will eliminate up to 95% of frizz and curl, making humidity a long-lost problem.
3. The barrier of the treatment on your hair cuticle will protect your hair from damaging toxins such as smoke, pollution and ultraviolet rays.
4. Unlike other chemical relaxers that make your hair poker straight and stiff, and even more damaged, a keratin straightening treatment makes your hair straight with natural movement, elasticity, and true health.
5. A keratin treatment helps nourish and treat your hair from within, and seal the hair cuticles to make them healthy, and in place again. An extra film-forming silk-protein layer, helps restore smoothness and heals the snags and tears.
6. A keratin treatment adds progressive enhancements to each hair strand to preserve its visual quality and smooth feel.
7. Keratin makes up to 91 percent of hair and contains 16 different amino acids, with cysteine being the most important one as it creates the sulphur bridges in hair that give it it’s internal strength.
8. The treatments are packed with anti-oxidants, the healing goodness of Micronized proteins, and Argan oil, helping bring the mojo back into your hair.